Saturday 13 December 2014

Glazed Apple Tin Of Treasures - Christmas Gift Review

Christmas is just around the corner, a time full of fun, festivities and family, but every single year without fail you end up having no idea what to buy for some of your relatives and friends... This is where I come in! I'll be buying and reviewing an assortment of Christmas gifts so you get a better idea of what - and not - to buy!


The first product I am reviewing is the Glazed Apple Tin of Treasures from The Body Shop!



It costs £17 normally but there are currently lots of offers and discount codes which allow you to get it much cheaper (I got it for £12). For this £17, you get 5 Glazed Apple themed products:

    ★ Glazed Apple shower gel 60ml
    ★ Glazed Apple body polish 75ml
    ★ Glazed Apple body shimmer lotion 60ml
    ★ Glazed Apple body butter 50ml
    ★ Green mini crinkle bath lily

Tin: 



  When this product arrived the first thing I noticed was the tin/packaging which, like all Body Shop packaging, was super pretty and really high quality.

It's designed in the shape of an apple and although this packaging choice would seem obvious for an apple themed set I think it is a really cute and clever idea!

My favourite part is that it's really useful; you can store pretty much anything in it or even just use it as a cute decoration in your room, because honestly it is adorable!

10/10 for packaging/ presentation!

Shower Gel:



  I'm super fussy about shower gels, and by that I mean I physically can't bring myself to use one if I don't like something about it. Luckily though, this shower gel is SO GOOD. It smells exactly like a sweet sugar coated apple and after a shower the scent lingers on your skin for hours - which for a lover of sweet scents is amazing! I sometimes just smell my arms or the bottle because oh my gosh the smell is just fab.

Finally, the gel lathers up really well so you don't need to use a lot each time (unless you want to of course!)

The only disappointing part is that it's absolutely tiny. 60ml of this gel won't last me long at all, especially as it is so good. Although, I do understand why they've only put in a small bottle; it is in a gift set after all!

9/10

Body Polish:



  Just like the gel, the body polish leaves your skin smelling like sweet sugar apples, (or as I like to call it, absolute deliciousness) and is also a great exfoliator. All you have to do is rub it in to your skin in circular motions whilst in the shower and then rinse for silky smooth skin!

This is one of the best polishes I've used. It's lovely and really good if you have any quite rough patches of skin you want to get rid of.

8/10

Body Shimmer Lotion:



  This body lotion can be used at any time but is especially effective when your skin is damp. (eg. after a shower or bath) It's a light moisturiser which, like the polish, makes your skin softer and smoother.

As it is only a light-weight moisturiser it won't be super effective on dry skin but if you feel like your skin is lacking a little bit of smoothness, this'll do the trick.

My favourite thing about this is that after application it gives your skin a slight shimmer which is super festive!

8/10

Body Butter:



  This is probably my least favourite product in the gift set as it doesn't quite smell like the others. It still smells mainly of glazed apple but also smells quite strongly of shea butter which - although nice - doesn't really go with the apple scent.



Other than that this butter is lovely and softening to the skin!

7/10

Overall:
  This is a perfect Christmas gift for family members who are lovers of pampering and sweet festive scents. As it is quite expensive I would  recommend buying it for family rather than friends, but it's completely up to you.


Hope this makes buying Christmas gifts a little bit easier!

Stay golden

Claire
x

2 comments:

  1. Love this post.
    The body shop is without a doubt one of my favourites! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post :) the body shop is one of my favourite shops, I can't wait for you to start posting again

    So I just thought I'd let you know that I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. All of the details are up on my blog, Good luck! royallyrouge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    Love & Hugs

    Frances xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! x