Tuesday 25 March 2014

Quick Tip Tuesday - Fight the Frizz

Hello my lovelies!

Quick tip Tuesday is back for another week and today I'm going to be telling you how to fight the frizz! I am a sufferer of frizzy hair myself and do everything I can to counteract it, but most of my attempts fail miserably. - that was until I found out about this super simple 'routine' which makes frizz a thing of the past.

Source
After you have washed your hair and have had a shower, don't put your hair up into a 'towel turban'. Towel turbans may keep your wet hair from annoying you and helps your hair to dry, but they make frizz a whole lot worse! I'm not going to deny it, I used to put my hair in a towel too; it's just makes everything so easy.

Instead of wrapping your hair up, wring the excess water out of it with a towel. Do this whilst still in the shower so that you don't get water everywhere! - obviously turn off the water first though, otherwise you'd just be making your hair more wet! Then leave your hair to air dry for around 20 minutes.

After those 20 minutes are up you need to get a hair dryer, put it on its lowest setting and dry the rest of your hair. If you are worried about heat damage you can put on heat protecting sprays before hand or, like I do, use the VO5 Smoothly Does It shampoo and conditioner which not only helps to keep frizz to a minimum but also offers heat defence!



I hope that this quick tip helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! x